Friday, March 27, 2015

Today's Update - 27 Mar 2015


The above is another one of the pics that I took at MacLay Gradens.  Bees were everywhere and photobombed more than a few of the pictures I tried to take.  Also had a couple get hung up in my hair ... obviously they would not have been able to pass a Breathalyzer test if there was one for bees; they were surely drunk on nectar. 


I have been using my memories of that good day to center myself.  I guess you just never think that certain things are going to happen you those you love.  My dad is actually upbeat - or is playing the part like a pro - and wants to get it done and over with as soon as possible.  Unfortunately my parents are still in waiting mode as they have to first get a referral to a physician/surgeon then the surgeon has to book them for surgery.  I'm not sure how long this is going to take but it definitely disrupts all the plans that they had. 

I'm also watching to see how this is going to affect my mom.  Stress is not her friend and it messes up her chemistry which plays havoc with how well her medication works.  She's also worried about finances.  The new and very strict diet my dad needs is playing havoc with their budget.  Hubby and I have already discussed it and will help them as much as they allow us to, but the emphasis here is on allowing us to.  You cannot treat two adults like children and take their freedom out of their hands by dictating to them, at least not if you have the least bit of respect for them you can't.  It is just going to be challenging.  It isn't just about what he eats but how it is cooked ... and hardest for my father will be portion size.  Changing habits of decades - of a lifetime and culture - will definitely be a strain.


I want to thank everyone who has been so supportive.  You have no idea how much it has helped.  I was struggling with the shock and freely admit it.  Hubby has been a rock and the first thing out of his mouth was "how can we help."  No one is perfect but he is perfect for me. 

The kids have been helpful too, especially considering I've been one of the walking wounded.  Made a mistake of trying to get rid of the ace bandages yesterday and was online too much.  By last night my hands and wrists were swollen so much my fingers looked like sausages and typing was next to impossible.  I used a dictation app today to get most of my typing done and the swelling has finally gone in all but my right wrist. 



Dictation programs aren't perfect.  I caught most of the mistakes I think but there are probably still a few in there.  If anything is really out of kilter let me know and I'll nuke it from space as soon as I can.  The new additions can be found in the following stories:

And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth
http://geekinherittheearth.blogspot.com/

A Bunch of Wild Thyme
http://bunchofwildthyme.blogspot.com/

Zombies Aren't Real ... Are They?!
http://zombiesarentrealarethey.blogspot.com/

The vids are pretty much all over the place tonight.  The first one coincidentally happens to be a very recent upload from someone that went to MacLay Garedens in the beginning of March.  Some very nice shots.


 
The next couple of vids are more disaster movies, these on natural disasters.
 
 
 
 
 
And lastly, some alternative fry recipes

 
 
 
 



10 comments:

  1. Even thought I check updates often, I don't always comment.

    Sending a quick prayer up for you and the fam. As much as you're going through, you give us going through our own 'carp' a small escape, and I thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you are doing better and your wrists are healing without putting yourself behind on that. Sounds like you rushed it. But don't we all want to heal faster than we do? It's the pits. Sorry I didn' comment a couple days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will there be an update soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. April 1st and 'And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth' was not finished as promised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you read anything that Kathy posted? Of course it's not finished! She has the emotional struggle of dealing with her dad's surgery, and she hurt her wrists, how is she suppose to focus on writing a story? She does this out of the goodness of her heart, she doesn't owe you anything!

      Delete
    2. read something else then lmao

      *Genevieve the EVIL one*

      Delete
  5. Please ignore those who are are too cowardly to say who they are, but believe you owe them something, Kathy.

    Your health and that of your parents is more important than these stories, however good your stories may be.

    And thank you for the hundreds of hours of quality reading you have provided me in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could sign it like I do mine. Kathy - continuing to pray for your family. Have a blessed Easter. Moldy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that all is going well with your dad and that you had a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete