Thursday, March 12, 2015

Today's Update - 12 Mar 2015


You talkin' to me?  You talkin' to me?!  LOL, kinda what my day has been today.  People are honestly just crazy lately.  The picture above is one of my Busch Garden pics, it just seemed appropriate.
 
Strawberries, strawberries, strawberries.  A neighbor went out to the east of the county to a U-Pick and decided to bring me some back.  Oh my gosh ... three five gallon buckets worth.  I'm drowning in berries and have to get them taken care of asap.  Not that I'm not grateful but it was definitely a blessing I wasn't expecting so you can imagine what I've done today and will continue to do tomorrow.  Love strawberries but I'm about to get strawberry'd out I can tell you that.  And my fingers are turning to prunes from having to wash and cap all of these things.  Did I mention three five-gallon buckets worth of berries?
 
I've found a neat way to get a little writing done while I'm doing other stuff.  My IPhone has a record feature on one of my note taking applications.  It isn't perfect and I can only record in short blurbs but when all I have time for is to write short blurbs between doing other things it has actually sped the process up.  I bought my father the program called "Dragon" birthday before last and it is basically supposed to be hands-free typing.  My father liked it for a while but I'm not sure how much he still uses it.  I give something like that a try though it is a bit intimidating to say what I'm typing aloud for anyone in the house to hear.  I type over a hundred words a minute so it isn't a matter of speed ... it is more time.  Oh well, I'll figure something out.  Though I should probably have my head examined for trying to squish anymore stuff into my already busy day.  LOL!
 
It's official, we now have so many wifi enabled items in the house that not even our FiOS connection can keep up.  I've actually had to get a gizmo for hubby's office that plugs into our Ethernet port and then sends the signal through the house electrical lines so he can keep a connection in his office.  I got it from Tiger Direct but now that they are closing the stores in my area - and they don't carry it online - I'm not sure where I am going to find another one that I like as well.  I know what is going on my to do list next week.  A couple of years ago we used to think that FiOS was the fastest thing imaginable.  Now that we are used to those kinds of connection speeds any little slow down can turn into an irritant.
 
Well despite the unexpected blessing of strawberries I did manage to get some writing done.  Geek will definitely be done sooner rather than later, possibly even by next week barring floods, tornadoes, locusts, or other forms of real life getting in the way.
 
And The Geek Shall Inherit the Earthhttp://geekinherittheearth.blogspot.com/

A Bunch of Wild Thymehttp://bunchofwildthyme.blogspot.com/

Zombies Aren't Real ... Are They?!http://zombiesarentrealarethey.blogspot.com/
Found a couple of more disaster flicks for everyone to watch on youtube.  LOL!  I know, I know ... but I just can't help myself.  Enjoy!

 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Kathy, After "And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth" is completed, what story are you planning on finishing next ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about it and Up On Hartford Ridge is one of the stand outs. Right now I'm focused on finishing Geek and trying to avoid the temptation of re-reading anything; I don't want a re-read to get me off track.

      Delete
    2. Love those Hartfords!

      Delete
  2. Three five gallon buckets wow, well I was drooling over the thought of fresh strawberries lol. What are you doing with them? Freezing some to save time to?

    Thank you for the chapters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freezing some whole, freezing some sliced, freezer jam. I covered some in chocolate. A great many of the frozen berries will probably wind up in smoothies. Tonight we will have strawberry shortcake for dessert. The freezer jam recipe that I've used for years and my mother and grandmother before me is the one that comes from the Sure-jell box. And Sunday I hope to make a strawberry pie assuming they are still fit for it. These berries are almost too ripe and I am having to go fast to get them processed before they get mushy.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I have a batch of sliced berries on the dehydrator as well.

      Delete
    3. I finally got a new 'puter that can handle Google so I signed up.

      I don't eat strawberries, never cared for the taste. Momma liked to take me with her to pick them because I picked them and didn't eat them. My Kathi on the other hand, let's just say if she found out you could get them by the bucket full there, I would have to ask if you had any rentals available.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, Thank you exploring http://www.egyptianwalkingonion.com/ in "And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth". I just purchased a large box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget Deep Impact and the wonderful President Morgan Freeman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely liking 'Geek' more the second the second time around. Which is great, because all of your other stories I've read at least 3 times each. Some I've read a LOT more. Just finished my 11th reading of Carry On and Forsaken Harvest I've read 13 times.

    Reading a Kathy story is part of my daily routine and I prefer to read instead of watching tv. And if I'm eating alone a Kathy story is about the only thing I'll read now. :)

    I write (badly) myself, and I KNOW how much work it is, and how much of a pain in the butt blogspot is. I really do appreciate all the time and work you put in for us!

    ReplyDelete