Saturday, March 14, 2015

Today's Update - 14 Mar 2015


Ah, you know it is spring when softball season starts up.  At least that is the way it has always been since my sixteen year old discovered softball when she was still in elementary grades.  She is our sporty girl.  She's played them all from flag football to soccer. She's too old for much else but softball and soccer now, not to mention those are her two favorites.  Her older brother bought her most of her softball equipment and takes her out in the yard and throws balls around with her.  She's a pretty good first baseman, even I can see it.  Whether she plays in college depends on where she finishes her degree up.  There is pretty stiff competition at the college level but if she doesn't play for school there are plenty of opportunities to play on women's community teams, at least around here there is.

First day we've really sat around in the sun and I fried even with a good sunscreen on.  I'm not a lobster but my face is more than just rosy and glowing.  LOL.  Thank goodness I had the sense to wear pants and something other than a sleeveless shirt to the fields otherwise I really would be hurting. 

For those of you who may not know this a good home remedy for sunburn is vinegar.  Yes, I said vinegar.  You can use both distilled white or cider vinegar and it will work.  Depending on location soak a soft cloth in the vinegar and gently lay it on the burn for about 10 to 15 minutes.  Pulls the sting right out for some reason.  Smell will knock you out but you're going to smell funny one way or the other with whatever stuff you slather on to take away the ouch.

It is past midnight here but I'm still going to call this Saturday's update.  Better a little late than not at all.  Geek is approaching its conclusion and I'm more confident that it will finish this coming week.  After that I will take a day or two to do a re-read to make sure that I have things straight but I'm leaning towards working on Up On Hartford Ridge.  It will take longer to finish so it may be into April for that one is concluded.

Here are tonight's updates:

A Bunch of Wild Thyme
http://bunchofwildthyme.blogspot.com/

And The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth
http://geekinherittheearth.blogspot.com/

Zombies Aren't Real ... Are They?!
http://zombiesarentrealarethey.blogspot.com/

I'm not sure where I will go after the Hartford story.  There are a lot to choose from.  We'll have to wait and see.  I'll try and take people's preferences under advisement but sometimes the stories want to be written and sometimes they just refuse to cooperate and I don't want to over commit.

Tonight's vids are a little strange.  My eleven year old son loves to watch documentaries and science videos.  I have to be careful because some of these shows put together by college kids are sometimes a little problematic as far as language goes but the Slo Mo Guys aren't too bad ... if you preview them first.  The last one definitely has some male humor in it however so careful who is watching over your shoulder. Here are some of our favorite ones for you to enjoy.

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment