First off I want to thank everyone for their patience. It took a lot more time for me to unscramble what occurred than I expected it to. Basically, after trying to edit the drafts that I had put together I finally just decided yesterday to scrap them and start over. That doesn't mean that I've lost the story, it just means that I have to cut and paste each edition all over again and then format it for BlogSpot.
And I've got a favor to ask of the readers. The only blog that I'm working on today - more to prevent giving myself an ulcer than anything else to be honest - is Up On Hartford Ridge. You'll see something slightly different. I've added more pictures and then I've added footnotes. Would you all be kind enough to let me know if that is distracting and you'd prefer just to have the story or do you find the other stuff interesting and/or useful? You aren't going to hurt my feelings either way, I know the difference between a critique and criticism. I just thought I would give you all some input.
As I post this I have chapters 51 and 52 posted in the "new" format. I'm going to try and get a couple more posted later. Just let me know what you think. You can post it here or on that blog. Either would be very helpful.
Up On Hartford Ridge
As for what else has been going on, a local private high school got closed down for a couple of days after their homecoming because a virus - an apparently very contagious one - started going around and they decided it was better for the student body and the teachers to try and break the cycle and also to disinfect the school. Well, my youngest daughter is friends with several kids that attend that school and had been helping a couple of them with their hair the day of homecoming. Yep, the inevitable happened and she got sick too ... as did two of her siblings and my husband. Oldest son and I did not. Fun times.
What made it more all sorts of fun (/sarcasm) is the first person started exhibiting symptoms when we went to check on our BOL which is also when I discovered I couldn't access any of my google stuff. In the process of addressing those issues I also discovered lots of holes in the supplies that I keep up there, including the fact that our important paper file archive was out of date. Grrrr. Well lesson learned, everyone is now well, and the holes have been filled, scanned archives updated, yada, yada. Such is life. I'd rather learn the lesson now when it can be addressed than during a situation where I can do nothing about it.
Sorry that this update is short but things will get better starting tomorrow. I just didn't want to put off things another day. If I keep trying to wait until things are "perfect" I'll never start.