Friday, June 7, 2019

Vacation Time Is Over ... For Now

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go ...

I think I've finally recovered from our adventures in May, gotten all the laundry finished, and all the rest of the yada yada caught up.  I'm still categorizing and filing the pictures and postcards but to me that's fun.  Our youngest was at one summer camp and just came back yesterday.  He's helping with another camp starting Monday for a week.  Then a week after that he is going to Boy Scout camp for another week.  And then the first week of July he and my husband leave for two weeks in the outback at one of the Boy Scout high adventure camps as they hike around and do manly stuff.  LOL   One of my daughters is now part time manager at both of the retail stores she works at and is taking in more babysitting jobs.  All this to save up for school this fall when she'll have to give up at list one of those jobs.  My other daughter still at home starts her Internship for microbiology this summer.  And my oldest son is job hunting again after taking a hiatus and working with us full time.  All this to say my help is flying the nest and it looks like my idea of job sharing so I could get more projects completed may not come to pass.

However, I am determined.  LOL  I have my list and I'm sticking to it.  ROFL!

Just to let you know, this is the progress I am making on the stories:

Starting Over and Over and Over
Being edited and posted at FictionPress
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3337694/1/Starting-Over-and-Over-and-Over

Veta Book 1
Completed and posted at FictionPress
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3335256/1/Yelysaveta 

Veta Book 2
After a lot of thought and the characters banging away at me I have most of the outline written already.  As I write, edit, and post you can find the story at FictionPress
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3337692/1/Yelysaveta-Book-2

Up On Hartford Ridge
Being edited, is partially up on FanFiction
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12844543/1/Up-On-Hartford-Ridge

The following stories will soon see daylight at FictionPress:
Enduring on the Lake
Rain, Rain, Rain
Trash to Treasure (something no one has seen yet)

More notes:
  • I'm trying to decide whether to leave Up On Hartford Ridge up at FanFiction or move it to FictionPress.  There are pros and cons to both and I haven't made a final decision yet.  That is the next story that I am going to complete, along with Starting Over and Veta Book 2.  It will probably be a race between which character nudges me the hardest along the way.  I'm shooting for the beginning of August for at least two of the three but no promises.  Life can get crazy real fast so we'll have to see.
  • I'll be moving others off of their blogger pages to FictionPress as soon as I can but it will be a piece at a time as I try and write and edit during the process.
  • I'm trying really hard to figure out which ones that I will complete after "Hartford" but if I say one, undoubtedly it will wind up being a different one.  Who knows?  I might even do a poll to see which one will come next after I get this next few off of my plate.  But I'm not going to put that pressure on myself until I'm a little closer to being able to implement it.
  • I have a lot of partially written stories that haven't ever been published.  Some of them keep singing out and I'll write a chapter of them here and there.  I'm debating posting them on FictionPress but haven't decided yet.  Part of me would rather leave them hidden until the others are all completed but I don't know.  I have decided to post Trash to Treasure but may not post any of the others any time soon.  I'm back and forth on that too much.

So, that's it in a nutshell.  I will try and post something every day except Sunday which most of the time I am going to take as my day off.  I may post on Sundays but don't count on it.  And it won't be every story every day.  When a character bangs away at me I try and listen but the God's honest truth is there are not enough hours in the day to get my real life responsibilities complete, sometimes writing just has to take a back seat.

For those once again not able to find the new locations here they are:

FanFiction (index of my stories there)
Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the active links for each story.  The story with the most recent addition will be at the top.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~motherheninflorida

FictionPress (index of my stories there)
Same as with FanFiction, just scroll to the bottom of the page to find the active links for each story.  The story with the most recent addition will be at the top.
https://www.fictionpress.com/u/1056183/MotherHeninFlorida

Next time I'll try and post all of the direct links for all of the stories that I have published right now.  However, that requires some formatting I don't have time for tonight.  Or, I might go through and update all of the links on the side of the page.  Or I might do both.  Depends on my real life work giving me a break.

For now, feel free to sing out and ask a question if you have one.  I'll try and answer as soon as I can.  I know I owe some people emails and PMs.  Just a matter of finishing them and doing more than hoping they make sense before I hit the send button.




No comments:

Post a Comment